This page has moved to a new address.

mmm, homemade granola

the path less traveled market: mmm, homemade granola

11.15.2012

mmm, homemade granola

Yep, Baby Girl still hasn't arrived.  Which means that I'm really nesting now. Baking. Sewing. Knitting. (but not cleaning - somehow I haven't had a burning desire to get my 6-day-overdue belly bent over to clean things ...)
And yesterday? I made granola. (and a few other things :D)

 (this recipe is from a woman in my MOPS group - thank you Cathy! I tweaked it just a bit)

1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2/3 cup nuts, roughly chopped
2/3 cup raisins (I used a mix of craisins and raisins)
2 1/2 cups oatmeal
  • combine sugar, honey and oil in a saucepan and cook until sugar melts and begins to boil. Add vanilla and cinnamon, remove from heat.
  • combine oats, coconut, nuts and raisins in a large bowl. Add sugar mixture, and stir until oats are well coated. 
  • Cover a jellyroll pan with foil (for easy cleanup) and spread oat mixture evenly in pan.
  • bake at 325 for 30 minutes, stirring twice during baking.
  • Store in an airtight container.
Once it's cooled, you could also stir in other things - chocolate chips, perhaps?
 

And I also finally got around to making curtains for our kitchen window :)


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home