This page has moved to a new address.

decorating for fall

the path less traveled market: decorating for fall

11.03.2012

decorating for fall


It's definitely getting nippy around here! A few weeks ago my nesting energy turned toward dusting and rearranging our "mantle" and bookshelves (side note - this shelf has been wonderful! We go it 3 years ago from Ikea and haven't regretted it once!). I dug out our Thanksgiving box to find our little straw and ceramic pumpkins and brought a few wispy branches in from the yard.

As I was arranging (and rearranging) I remembered that I just made up this fall colored garland for the shop, and then putting up that led to the idea of the "GIVE THANKS" banner ... :) Funny how my creative process works!

This cherub used to sit on my grandma's mantle and every time I see it my mind flashes an image of her living room ... so I'm not sure if I love the candle holder or the memories it holds!


The fat candle with the votives is my substitute for a fireplace this year. : ) I seem to enjoy making up "mock fireplaces" when I don't have access to the real thing (I've done it before, you know)!

In a week or so I'll add our pilgrims and turkeys to the table, bookshelves and windowsill. And maybe the little ones can find a few leaves for some crayon rubbings before they all disappear?


Have a lovely weekend staying cozy!
<3


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home