This page has moved to a new address.

recipe: Apple-Walnut Spice Cake with Cream Cheese & Praline Frosting

the path less traveled market: recipe: Apple-Walnut Spice Cake with Cream Cheese & Praline Frosting

10.30.2012

recipe: Apple-Walnut Spice Cake with Cream Cheese & Praline Frosting


This apple bundt cake is sooooo yummy. And the photos I remembered to take before it disappeared don't do it justice!

Have you read the Brown Eyed Baker's blog? If not, I highly recommend that you start - she posts some wonderfully delicious stuff! I get the updates emailed to me and am starting to think i might need stop reading them when I'm ready to lose the baby weight - or have some serious self control - since she targets baked goods, which are definitely my weakness :)

When I saw this recipe for apple cake I knew it would be perfect for us right now! Our little ones have taken to asking for "big" apples for snack time, meaning whole apples, and most of the time they only eat about half of the apple before they lose interest (which leads to a bowl full of brownish apple pieces in the fridge). A recipe like this was just what I needed to use them up!


The only things I changed were to use whole wheat flour, un-peeled apples and walnuts in place of the pecans, and the result was just scrumptious.

If you'd like to make your own, here's a link to the recipe - enjoy!

<3

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home