This page has moved to a new address.

a Valentine's Tea

the path less traveled market: a Valentine's Tea

2.19.2011

a Valentine's Tea

A belated Happy Valentine's Day to you all! I have been working on this post for several days, hoping to get it posted in time to celebrate Valentine's Day with you, but life kept moving and babies kept needing mommy. Oh well - at least late is better than never. :)

Did you catch my brief mention that we are moving? This move is happening in two stages, the first stage of which is complete but now we are waiting on some paperwork and other details before the second stage can happen - so blogging here has moved a bit lower on the priority list!

As we were packing things up in the middle of January I realized that we probably wouldn't be settled by Valentine's Day - and that I really wanted to be able to celebrate Valentine's this year!
The solution? Celebrate early. :)


Emma Grace and I invited my sister-in-law and her friend over for the day and then we (I) pulled out all the red and pink things that I could find (read, all the ones that hadn't been packed yet). We had so much fun taking a break from moving to just decorate and enjoy the holiday. :)

We had strawberry scones, pumpkin bundt cake, lemon curd, sweetened cream cheese and my sister-in-law and her friend brought some cucumber tea sandwiches and a plate of baked ham sandwiches (Leah, if you still have the recipe could you email it to me? thanks!) that were really good.

I used this totorial to make a pom-pom garland. I loved making it (so fun and easy!), and love the actual garland even more! I'm thinking of maybe making more (in white perhaps?) to put in our master bedroom - or in the family room. :)


We had a wonderful time, and Emma Grace absolutely loved her first tea party.


I'm linking to a few of these blogs - can you believe that Spring is coming? They are posting some really darling decorating ideas!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Esther Asbury said...

What fun! Your Valentines Tea looks so lovely -- with lots of yummy things to eat.

February 19, 2011 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger Sachiko said...

So cute! Thank you for sharing your special moment!

February 24, 2011 at 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home