This page has moved to a new address.

handmade Christmas, part III

the path less traveled market: handmade Christmas, part III

1.05.2011

handmade Christmas, part III


I made several jars of Lemon Curd to go with the tea towels that I gave as gifts this Christmas, and they were a huge hit!



Lemon Curd - makes about 1 quart

6 lemons
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
6 eggs, beaten

Zest 2 of the lemons.
Juice the lemons to get 18 Tbsp juice.
Combine the zest with sugar, lemon juice, butter and eggs in the top of a double boiler over medium heat.
Stir frequently until thick, about 20 minutes.
Pour into jars, cool and refrigerate.

This is a family favorite (my grandma used to make it every year for her church's Christmas tea) and is delicious on scones, toast, waffles, pancakes, crepes ... pretty much anything!


I'm posting a link to this on some of these blogs. :) 


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Rachael@Lovely Crafty Home said...

What delicious gifts! I'd love it if you'd share this on my linky party today!

January 7, 2011 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Jane, Naples, Florida said...

I just bought some and love it! Really want
to try making it myself, so I was thrilled to
see your recipe. Thank you!

Jane
Flora Doora

January 7, 2011 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Donene said...

This looks delicious and I love your cute decorated jars.

January 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Mmmmm...I love some lemon curd! Looks delish.

January 7, 2011 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Laurie in SC said...

This looks totally delicious! I'm going to try to make some sometime - so I'm bookmarking this post. Thanks so much for sharing and Happy 2011!

January 7, 2011 at 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Rachael@Lovely Crafty Home said...

Thanks so much for linking up today! Hope to see you again!

January 7, 2011 at 4:15 PM  
Blogger Sachiko said...

I love everything about lemon!

January 8, 2011 at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home