This page has moved to a new address.

Handmade Christmas, part II

the path less traveled market: Handmade Christmas, part II

12.23.2010

Handmade Christmas, part II

This project was actually a Christmas present for me. :)

A while ago I saw this tutorial for sewing your own ironing board cover and saved it in my "ideas" folder. It looked so easy, and my ironing board definitely needed a face-lift! Then a few days later I found some really cute material on the remnants table at the fabric store. And now, several months later, I finally took the time to make it into this:

It turns out that the hardest part was getting everything together and taking the time to make it - so glad I did! :)

The ironing board cover takes 2 yards of fabric and about an hour to complete (or longer if you get interrupted;)). Basically, if you have a sewing machine, iron and ironing board and some basic sewing skills, you can make this!

Hmm, maybe I'll make a few more as Mother's Day gifts?


I'm posting a link to this on a few of these blogs.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have a ton of projects in my 'idea folder'. So glad you got one done! It looks darling. Those pretty flowers might make me enjoy ironing. (and I stress, 'might'!)

December 27, 2010 at 6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great. I need to make one of these...I have cut holes in my current cover! Whoops!

December 27, 2010 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Mariel@ www.sexymodeststyle.com said...

I think i am actually going to buy a ironing board just to have a excuse to make this ha! I have been using a towel on the floor/bed!

Thanks for sharing!

come and visit!
tootsiewootsieboutique.blogspot.com

December 28, 2010 at 1:12 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

This is really pretty, I love your fabric selection. I featured you today on my favorite things :)

http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-favorite-things_28.html

December 28, 2010 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger NicoleD said...

Yay! I'm so glad you could use the tutorial. I LOVE the fabric you chose! Rose are my favorite and it is so bright and cheerful!

January 1, 2011 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now why didn't I think of this? My ironing board is just hideously ugly, and I use it every day. Gotta have a pretty one now that I've seen yours!

January 3, 2011 at 4:48 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I featured your ironing board cover today! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

January 3, 2011 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I think your mother would LOVE one for Mother's Day!! This is just gorgeous, Sweetie!

January 6, 2011 at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home