This page has moved to a new address.

middle of the night inspiration

the path less traveled market: middle of the night inspiration

5.15.2010

middle of the night inspiration

The idea for these little votive hangers came to me a few nights ago, during one of my (increasingly frequent) middle-of-the-night episodes of wakefulness. I think my average per night is up to three times now, and occasionally four. Just getting ready for those late night sessions with Little One!

I made something similar using mini jelly jars a while ago, but that night I had the idea to use some of the many glass votives that I have stashed here and there. (I suppose one could have too many votive holders, but I haven't gotten there yet. Or maybe I'm not the type of person that can have too many?)


I used some 18 gauge aluminum wire in about 18" lengths, and twisted it to make a ring that would hold the votive.

Then I took the loose end and wrapped it under the base, looped it around the ring and made a hanger. Twist the final loose end in place, and ...

... that's it!


Favorite%2BThings%2BFridaybig%2Bbutton.jpg







Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

These are adorable. I can see them filled with citronella candles out on my deck! They are simply charming!

May 15, 2010 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi..I’m Barb….I am from Saturdays are crafty days ..
I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

May 15, 2010 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

that would be so cool for summer, thanks for posting, it's a great idea.

May 16, 2010 at 12:43 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I love those and your blog is so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing this on Favorite Things Friday!

May 17, 2010 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Sew Can Do said...

This makes votives so much more versatile! Thanks for linking up to Craftastic Monday!

May 17, 2010 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

I could just see these hanging above a outdoor table! Great project!

May 18, 2010 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger René said...

Thank you for reminding us about these cute little votives. Very cute!

May 18, 2010 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Angie Holden said...

Very cute!!

May 18, 2010 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

These are adorable. I wanted you to know that I am featuring them tomorrow. Thanks for linking up to Saturday is Crafty Day!

May 19, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home