This page has moved to a new address.

chalkboard storage jars

the path less traveled market: chalkboard storage jars

5.04.2010

chalkboard storage jars


Have you seen all the chalkboard stuff floating around the blog community recently? There have been painted walls, framed chalkboards, mirrors, cupboards, flower and herb pots and the lists goes on and on!

Anyway, I finally got on the bandwagon. Yes, I did, and I can't believe that it took me this long!
I think I found this chalkboard jar idea on a Martha Stewart email or somewhere, but I could be wrong. I could have thought this up in my dreams ......... not sure about that. But here's a tutorial about how I did it!

I started with basic clean glass jars left over from applesauce and salsa.


I masked off squares with regular old masking tape (and squares of note paper to keep the tape straight).

Then I went over the glass with chalkboard paint and a foam brush. I gave the jars 3 coats, letting them dry between each coats.


On the first jar I just took the tape off, but as I did it I found that it look a LOT better if I scored along the tape with a knife before I took it off. Much much better. Next I went over them with some chalk and rubbed it off the prep them, and they were done!


Fill with whatever, write the contents on the jar, and then ..... ta da!





The Girl Creative









Favorite%2BThings%2BFridaybig%2Bbutton.jpg




Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I am inspired to do this to my jars after seeing so many of you all crafty ladies doing it! Thanks so much for linking up!

July 30, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home