This page has moved to a new address.

Late Summer Sewing

the path less traveled market: Late Summer Sewing

9.01.2010

Late Summer Sewing

Emma has been shooting up like a little sunflower this summer! She's outgrowing her clothes again (my baby girl is getting so big! *sniff*).

DSC_0020
I just packed away all her tops that were mid-drifting on her and realized that she didn't have very many left! Vemma is starting to take off but our budget is still pretty tight, so I didn't feel like going out and spending money on clothing that she might only be wearing for another two or three months. Also, I had this cute fabric in the closet and had found this darling tutorial and free pattern on Prudent Baby ..... so Emma got a new top!

Em's new top
I used some darling quilting weight fabric for the "skirt" of the top, and bits of a linen blouse that I've been cutting up for the neckline and trim around the bottom. The pattern is made to have snaps instead of buttons, but I was out of snaps and, on top of that, there were some vintage bunny buttons in my collection that I've been wanting to use - so I finally did!

Em's new top
Emma enjoys the soft breeziness of the top, and I am loving the adorable little one it's on. She seems to be getting more and more darling each day.

Linking to these parties - click on over and check out all the gorgeous fun-ness!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ByNightCreations said...

Your photos are just soo sweet! as is your daughter in her lovely new top

September 2, 2010 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger Megan Gunyan said...

Oh, that is so cute! I love the top of the top (heh) and that little smile is just adorable! Thank you so much for linking up to my Friday link party! Have a wonderful weekend!

September 3, 2010 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger Terrell said...

Simply adorable!!! Thank you oh so much for linking up this sweet creation at the FABULOUS FRIDAY FINDS party today!! I hope your weekend is wonderful!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

September 3, 2010 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger AllieMakes! said...

They grow so fast, but SO adorable!
I invite you to come this this up at my Making It Linky Party!
Allie
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

September 4, 2010 at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home